Enjoying a life that has purpose and meaning is equally important to us all. People with learning disabilities are no exception. Using services that provide care in the community supports people with learning disabilities to live ordinary and fulfilling lives.
At Open Heart Care we support you to live the life you want, where each day can be different. Our staff recognise each person as an individual with a range of unique personal interests and aspirations. By focusing on your unique strengths and abilities, our aim is to help you achieve your personal goals. We develop a personalised support plan with you, so you can receive your care in the community where you live.
Choosing Open Heart Care means receiving support and care to:
· Keep connected - meet friends and family, go to school, college or clubs, pursue a favourite hobby
· Keep fit and healthy - attend medical appointments, eat well or go to a fitness centre
· Stay independent - manage money, take a shopping trip to town or pay bills
· Maintain a daily routine - get up and go to bed
· Keep your home clean and tidy – help with domestic chores like washing and ironing
We can pop in once or twice a week or provide up to 24 hour care. Our care workers have practical experience of meeting a wide range of complex care and support needs for people receiving care in the community. They are fully trained to respond to different communication needs, autistic spectrum disorders, physical disabilities and sensory impairment.